Guinea has significant agricultural, pastoral, forestry and fishery resources, making it an important exporter in the subregion. Key advantages include the availability of agricultural land, abundance of water and solar radiation.
- Fruit growing
- The creation and development of agricultural clusters
- The creation of processing units
- Market gardening
- Packaging equipment and infrastructure
- Local processing
- Storage facilities
- Agricultural inputs and machinery
- Crop production
Guinea’s energy potential is enormous, but power generation capacity is still insufficient to cover national needs and growth. The abundance of abundance of water and sunshine and the dense energy market make it ideal for energy related investments.
- Energy production plants
- Energy distribution
- Rehabilitation of power plants and source stations
- Diversification of energy sources (e.g. liquefied natural gas)
The government is encouraging greater private sector participation to meet local needs of road, real estate, rail and maritime infrastructure. Advantages for investors include growing urbanization, modern port infrastructure, road and rail network in transformation.
- Construction of housing
- Port infrastructure
- Road and rail infrastructure
- Construction materials and equipment
- Urban centres
- Equipment (housing, universities etc.)
Guinea offers particularly attractive development conditions for most types of tourism. This advantage is due to the diversity and variety of its landscapes, its microclimates, its fauna and flora, its handicrafts, its hospitable traditions and also its history.
- Construction of international hotel chains
- Investment in entertainment service facilities
- Development of ecological tourism
- Development of beach-based resorts
- Site rehabilitation
- Human resources training
Guinea has a dynamic telecommunications sector characterized by considerable investment and a growing number of users. The country has mobile phone networks with over 9 million users and has invested over $3 billion GNF for the development of the digital sector.
- Telecommunications infrastructure
- Digitalization of administrative services
- Digital systems for financial, administrative and security solutions
- Provision and maintenance of equipment
- Training of the digital workforce
- ICT infrastructure in Telecommunications
- Data warehousing and data management
- Computer and related equipment hardware assembly
- Extension of the national backbone
Guinea is known for its great mineral wealth that includes bauxite, iron, gold and diamonds. The country is the 3rd largest bauxite producer in the world.
- Minerals and base metals
- Gold and diamonds
- Mining production
- Geological exploration
- Chemicals, logistics operators, specialized tech
Start your investment journey with APIP
The Agency for the Promotion of Private Investments helps local and international investors identify opportunities and facilitate their business expansion in Guinea. We work alongside investors and bring together technical and financial partners, the private sector and the government to offer tailored services that allow you to develop your activities in Guinea.
Connect with APIP
Sign up for information on investment forums organized by Guinea at Expo 2020
Register for the Guinea Investment Forum (GUIF)
Dubai Exhibition Centre, UAE 12 – 14 February 2022